The role of the SAKC Director is to contribute as fully as possible to the Board efforts as it carries out its mandate to achieve its mission and goals.
Directors represent and govern on behalf of students. Being a director is a great way to become involved in student life at Keyano College. It is also a great way to make new connections both on and off campus. It is an opportunity to make a difference on campus.
Expectations of Directors:
- Attending all meetings of the Board, and other expected functions
- Bringing issues regarding the interests of the Membership to the Board so that they may be discussed.
- Participating in committee work on an equitable basis
- Providing direction to the Executive Council
As a Director, it is important for you to engage with your fellow students. We encourage the Directors to speak with students both in and out of your classroom in order to gain a broad overview of what all students are facing while studying at Keyano College.
How to Join and Be Involved
If you are interested in:
- ensuring that student concerns and suggestions are heard and brought forward
- lobbying for the right of students,
- helping organize events,
- enhancing the overall student experience while at Keyano
- being a member of a SAKC committee
then we want to hear from you! Please stop by the SAKC office in CC266 to speak to a current Board of Director.
Board and Committee meetings are open to ALL the Members. To attend simply email the SAKC President at firstname.lastname@example.org